The last few days have seen interesting developments in the Facebook camp, especially regarding the look of business profile pages. There is indeed a new face-lift happening, and Mark Zuckerberg’s juggernaut is again attempting to shake things up.
We will have to wait and see if these changes are permanent and if they will incorporate personal profile pages (at this stage they don’t).
Here are a few of the biggest visual changes:
- Cover image. The new cover image is completely clean. Now you can use the whole canvas to visually market your brand – no more space blocked by the profile pic, business name and extra buttons.
- Profile pic/photo. The profile pic has moved to the left of the screen and now sits independently from the cover image.
- Call-to-Action button. A significant change from the old visual style – the new button has moved under the cover image, but stands alone, is bigger and has turned blue, making it more prominent.
- The menu tabs have moved left under the name and profile pic of the page and is spaced more generously.
- A cleaner face. The whole page has a cleaner and subsequently and seemingly more user friendly look and feel – time will tell if this will be the case, but so far it looks promising.
Tell us what you think: does this new look work for you and your business’ social media marketing?