For those who’re just entering the world of marketing, whether as a business owner or a professional, digital marketing can be a confusing, convoluted world. The digital marketing industry grows, develops and changes at a dizzying pace.
To put it succinctly, digital marketing is marketing across electronic platforms like computers, smartphones, tablets, etc. The core principle behind the industry is the same; to promote a product or service. How can you make this complicated system work for you?
Why Digital Media?
Consider this: 40% of the people in this world, that is, 3 billion people use the Internet in some capacity or the other. Of those:
- 91% own a laptop or a desktop
- 80% also own a smartphone
- 47% own a tablet
- 37% of the internet users also own a game console
- 34% own a smart T.V
- 9% own a smart watch
- 7% own a smart wristband
Only 2% own none of these devices. If you look at these statistics, it makes sense to invest in digital marketing.
Digital Marketing Strategies
There’s no one ideal way to market on a digital platform. There are several different strategies involved that come together to make a comprehensive marketing campaign:
- SEO – As in Search Engine Optimisation, which basically means you need to load your website content with relevant keywords, HTML optimisation, images, link generation campaigns and credible content. The idea behind it is to ensure your website is naturally ranked high on the search engine pages.
- Social Media Marketing – Through this strategy, you promote your content on the various social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc. You pay for displaying ads or promote yourself and get links through quality content.
- Blogs: Most marketers consider maintaining a blog and posting engaging content on it, to be vital for the marketing campaign. You might achieve visibility by promoting your product or service through SEO and Social Media Marketing, but the ultimate aim of digital marketing is to retain that visibility by offering fresh content periodically.
- Email Marketing: When it comes to digital marketing, Email marketing is the oldest and still very effective strategy. It delivers your content directly to your target audience’s inbox and if you play your cards right, it’ll definitely attract their attention.
Aside from this, there are other strategies like mobile marketing, app design, website design, pay-per-click advertising, etc. The intention is to make yourself visible, attract the attention of your target audience, engage their interest, generate leads and connections and retain their interest. That is what digital marketing is all about. For more information visit www.juanq.co.za